NBSD Press Release - April 2, 2020 (4:30 p.m.)
Dear Parents and Guardians,
This week under guidance and recommendation from the Oregon Department of Education (ODE), we have shifted our focus to Distance Learning for All. This change requires our teachers and staff to go beyond offering supplemental material. Again, thank you for your patience and thoughtfulness as we have worked to keep our children, staff, and community safe.
While there are no confirmed cases in Coos County the guidance from Governor Brown and Oregon Department of Education is still keeping Oregon schools closed until April 28th. Our teams recognize that this closure may go beyond April 28th and we are taking additional steps to increase supports for all North Bend students.
During the closure, North Bend School District will be providing the following supports to our students and families:
- Meals are continuing to be provided at 5 locations: North Bay Elementary and North Bend Middle School from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., the Lakeside City Library parking lot from 11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m., the Hauser Community Church from, 10:45 a.m. to 11:13 a.m., and the Harbor Assembly of God parking lot on 11th and Lincoln from 11:00 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.
- Teachers are in the process of calling all parents or guardians to complete a short survey. This survey will help us understand individual student and family needs. If you haven’t been contacted yet, please contact us at email@example.com by phone 541-756-2521.
- Tomorrow, Friday, April 3rd, staff will be checking out Chromebooks to families that have identified the lack of a computer as a barrier to accessing instructional material. Families are being contacted today to coordinate the time and location for this check-out. If you have this need and have not been contacted or need a different time/date, please reach out us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 541-756-2521.
- Teachers will be providing instructional material for students starting next week with a fully developed Distance Learning for All program by April 13th. The district continues to provide educational supports online at http://www.nbend.k12.or.us/educational_sites_for_families.html
The district is working closely with state officials to get additional information on graduation requirements and how the closure will affect all our students moving forward. We know this is important time for all of our students and families, especially our seniors. Please be cautious of rumors or information coming from sources not linked directly to ODE, the district or our schools. As new information becomes available, we will inform our students and families as soon as we can. Please take care of each other during these unpreceded and difficult times. The physical and mental health of our community is top priority. If you need assistance or additional resources, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Please follow us on our website - http://www.nbend.k12.or.us/and Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/NorthBendSD/ for updates.
Please know that we are doing everything possible to keep our students and staff healthy and safe. Thank you for your patience and partnership in this effort. This is a rapidly changing situation. We will continue to update our community as new information becomes available.
Kevin Bogatin – Superintendent NBSD
NBSD Press Release - March 25, 2020 (2:15 p.m.)
Starting Monday, March 30th North Bend School District will continue offering meals from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at North Bay Elementary School and North Bend Middle School as drive up opportunities. The District will also expand their meal service to 3 additional locations Monday through Friday:
• The covered area behind the Lakeside City Library, Lakeside
(11:30 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.)
• The covered area at the front of Hauser Community Church, Hauser
(10:45 a.m. – 11:15 a.m.)
• The Harbor Assembly of God parking lot on 11th and Lincoln, North Bend
( 11:00 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.)
Looking for activities and resources to keep students engaged during this new-normal of school closures and social distancing? As the collection-development partner for school and public libraries across the nation, it's our honor to offer you these free resources to help keep students' brains busy and blossoming. In the true spirit of our beloved libraries, these resources are available to ALL! FREE access to our JLG Digital online reading platform! With JLG Gold Standard eBooks for Elementary, Middle School and High school students, JLG Digital gives you and your readers unlimited access* to read books online from any device. There is no limit to the number of users who can access the books! Titles enter and exit the digital stream regularly, so there are always new picks available. Click the following link to get started! - Junior Library Guild Free Book Campaign
In response to the school closure, the North Bend Community Scholarship has some significant changes this year. The deadline has been extended to April 10th, and ALL applications must be mailed to and received by the committee by that date. For complete, up-to-date details, visit their website at: http://www.nbcsf.org/
Supplemental Resources for Students
Click the button below for optional resources to help students fill the time while we patiently wait for more information. We want our children to be safe, happy, healthy and engaged during this difficult time.
Search our site